How does Home Insurance differ from Contents Insurance?

Well Dunn Insurance Blog , FAQ , Home Insurance

Home Insurance and Contents Insurance are often used interchangeably, however, Home Insurance is a general term, of which Contents Insurance is one aspect.

Contents Insurance covers items within your home – such as TVs, computers and even clothes.

Buildings Insurance covers permanent fixtures and fittings – such as kitchens and bathrooms.

Together, Contents Insurance and Buildings Insurance can be combined within a Home Insurance package.

Contents Insurance is generally more suitable to people that rent rather than own their own home, whereas those who own the property in which they live generally prefer Home Insurance. Furthermore, many lenders make Home Insurance a key requirement of a mortgage agreement, so it tends to be compulsory in all but name.

Read More

No items available